Sunday, October 23, 2011

Gorgeous Fall weather = the perfect time for picture taking! :)

Another fantastic weekend has come and almost gone, so I'm closing it out by relaxing on my couch in my pj's, halfway paying attention to the World Series (even though I'd much rather be watching the Saints vs. Colts game, which is going to be the determining factor in whether I win my fantasy football match-up this week, but alas I don't have cable b/c I'm rarely home to watch TV, so I'm settling for baseball, lol). While I'm winding down before the work week begins, I wanted to share a few photos that I took around Capitol Square on Friday. After losing my purple Polaroid Lumix in Alabama a few weeks ago, I ordered a new camera, which arrived on Friday morning (you know I can't survive very long without being able to take pictures :).  Since I obviously couldn't wait to start playing around with it and see what it was capable of, I spent my lunch break walking around and snapping lots of pics. Here are a few of them:

Virginia Capitol (Shot #1)

Harry F. Byrd statue in front of the General Assembly Building
Edgar Allen Poe statue
Capitol from opposite direction

I'm still learning all of the nifty manual functions that it offers, but I can already tell that this is going to be a much better investment than the Lumix. Of course, I would expect no less from a Canon! Hopefully I will do a better job of keeping up with this one! :)

Enjoy the last few hours of the weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment