Monday, June 27, 2011

Just What I Needed :)

Ah, what a refreshing (not to mention absolutely gorgeous!) weekend this has been! Friday evening was pretty low-key...I came home after work and just relaxed for the most part, with the exception of going for a 5.4 mile run around the Fan in my Five Fingers. That was the farthest I had run in them up to that point, and guess what? No knee issues when I finished the run! Woo-hoo! :)

On Saturday morning, I hopped on 64-E and headed to Williamsburg to meet up with one of my very good friends from college. W-burg is the halfway point between us, so it was the perfect place to meet for a fun-filled afternoon together! We started by catching up over lunch at Second Street Bistro. We were seated in a booth next to a wall of large windows overlooking the restaurant's patio, which was perfect for enjoying the outside view while basking in the coolness of the indoor AC. Haha. I ordered the Portifino Salad with sweet vidalia onion vinaigrette on the side...absolutely delish! It legitimately ranks as one of the top 3 tastiest salads I've ever had! The restaurant provided the perfect setting for a casual lunch, but there was also a very distinct classy/contemporary ambiance that would make for an awesome date spot (just thought I would throw that out there in case any of you are planning to visit W-burg with your significant other anytime soon). Anyway, I will definitely be back! I bet the patio is just lovely in the evening!

So, after enjoying a pleasant lunch, Leanna and I headed to the Williamsburg Premium Outlets to get our shopping on! We had tons of fun browsing through the stores, trying on clothes, and laughing at things we could never see ourselves wearing. I was excited to find some cute things at Banana Republic (one of my fave stores) and Ann Taylor...which reminds me of a conversation we had when walking past Aeropostale about how a large section of both of our wardrobes in high school came from Aero, and then while shopping in Gap we reminisced over how nice it was in college to just throw on a pair of jeans and a hoodie for class every day, and now that we're young professionals we have to sport business clothes for work and thus have all of these hoodies and casual clothes that we can essentially only wear on weekends. LOL.

We pretty much shopped til we dropped (or at least until we covered all of the stores on our radar screen) and then parted ways with the promise that we wouldn't let as much time go by before getting together again. It's depressing how the real world can do that to you...you get so busy sometimes that trying to coordinate plans across different cities can be a challenge, unlike college when we could meet up for coffee/lunch/etc. on a regular basis.

Anyway, after leaving the outlets, I headed over to New Town to meet a few friends for dinner on the patio at the Green Leafe. The weather was just perfect for patio sitting, so we hung out for a couple of hours before I finally decided to head back to RVA.

Today was also pretty laid back...went to the 9:30 service at church this morning, followed by Sunday school class where a Messianic Jewish rabbi taught on Abraham. Pretty insightful stuff. Tonight, I decided another run was in order to test out my knee again. I ended up exceeding Friday's record and finished 9.3 miles...again, with no knee pain! Praise God! I am so thrilled! :)  Hopefully this means I'll be able to get back into some sort of routine to train for the half-marathon. Less than 5 months left to add 4 miles to today's distance!

I'm thankful for the blessing of such a wonderful weekend, and I hope that all of you reading this had an equally enjoyable one! With July 4th weekend right around the corner, and plane tickets purchased to visit my dear friend Kelly in Atlanta the weekend after that, there's lots of fun stuff to look forward to! :)

And because I have been on a serious OneRepublic kick lately, I figured it would be appropriate to post this music video...Good Life is one of those songs that I very much enjoy jamming out to when I'm driving in Sunny II. I soooo need to see them in concert if they come to Virginia anytime soon! (Oh, and did I mention the fact that at least 2 of the band members are Christians? Just another reason to like them in addition to their obvious musical talents :)


And on that high note, have a fabulous week, y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment