Monday, June 13, 2011

Running, Healing, and the Power of Prayer :)

First, I just want to say thank you SO much to everyone who prayed for healing for my knee! I finished the 7.4 miles on Friday, alongside some of Richmond's finest law enforcement officers, with barely any noticeable knee pain (The heat index, however, was a whole different story! lol). Later that afternoon, the typical pain, stiffness, and limping set in, but even that wasn't as bad as usual. After icing it off and on on Friday and Saturday, I woke up this morning and it felt completely fine! This evening, I was even able to go for a 2.6 mile run in my FiveFingers KomodoSports!!!


I bought these like 3 weeks ago, but my knee issues limited me to just walking in them, along with an attempted short run earlier last week, so I was super excited to be able to actually do a decent run in them today! Nearly 6 hours later, my knee still feels fine! Praise God! On the other hand, my calves are burning something awful, but that's a good sign that the FiveFingers are doing what they are intended to do and altering my running form for the better.

I suppose I will still go to my orthopedic appointment on Wednesday just to make sure that everything's as it should be, but maybe that cortisone shot just needed extra time and rest to become effective or something. Either way, hopefully the doctor's report on Wed will be a good one, and then my half-marathon training can commence once again!!!! :)

Since the power of prayer clearly fixed my knee, I'd like to ask you all to please pray for continued healing of Mom's arm so that it will be strengthened and made like new so she can get back to a normal lifestyle of being able to use both arms again.  Also, please pray for God to perform a miracle for my friend Andrea, who has been battling cancer for 5 years now and has been going through an especially rough time lately. Finally, another lovely friend of mine has a job interview on Wednesday, so it would be awesome if you could please also pray for her to knock the socks off of the interviewers (which I know she will do) and be offered the position.

Before I sign off to get some sleep to make up for staying out late last night, and in anticipation of a busy week at work, I wanted to share a song with you that I heard on the radio as I was driving home from church earlier today...It put me in a good mood and I hope that it will do the same thing for you :)



Have a wonderfully blessed week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment