Monday, February 4, 2013

Fake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip & Spicy Maryland Crab Dip Recipes :)

Several weeks ago, I started perusing recipes in preparation for a Super Bowl Party hosted by one of my dearest friends and her husband.  I'm always so indecisive when it comes to choosing what to make for parties/events...heck, I'm the same way even when it comes down to what to make for dinner!  Haha.  Anyway, I knew I wanted to make something Maryland-ish in honor of the Ravens (of course the Redskins are my team, but Baltimore is also close by, and the Ravens are purple, so my Super Bowl allegiance this year was a no brainer ;), and also something dessert-y, since sweet stuff tends to be my specialty and many of my friends have come to expect me to bring baked goods or other sweet treats to any gatherings that we have.

For the sweet treat, I considered making my special Kahlua brownies, or Oreo truffles, or cupcakes...okay, so I was having trouble narrowing it down, but then I came across this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip.  Super simple to make, and yet oh-so-delicious!  This "fake" cookie dough dip turned out to be a big hit with my fellow partygoers, so I think it's a keeper! :)


Fake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 (8 oz.) package neufchâtel (1/3 less fat) cream cheese
  • 1/2 confectioner's sugar
  • 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Directions:

Place the stick of butter and the brown sugar in a microwave-safe dish. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until the butter is completely melted.  Remove from microwave and stir until sugar dissolves.  Whisk in vanilla, then set mixture aside to cool.  In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioner's sugar together for 1 minute.  Slowly beat in cooled butter mixture and continue beating for another minute.  Stir in the mini chocolate chips.  Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Serve with graham crackers and/or vanilla wafers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the Maryland-ish dish, I decided to make a Spicy Maryland Crap Dip, which I adapted from this recipe.  This was also quite popular and I will definitely be making it again soon!  Since I altered the linked recipe quite a bit, I have posted my version below.

Spicy Maryland Crab Dip

Ingredients:
  • 1 (8 oz.) container neufchâtel (light) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup light sour cream
  • 2 heaping tablespoons light mayo
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 tsps. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 tsps. grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 pound fresh crabmeat or 2 cans crabmeat, drained & flaked
  • 5 dashes tabasco sauce
  • 1 dash Emeril's Essence seasoning
  • 1 1/2 tbsps. Old Bay seasoning
Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 325°F.  Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.  In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, 1 tsp. parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.  Fold in crabmeat, tabasco sauce, Emeril's Essence, and 1 1/4 tbsps Old Bay.



Transfer mixture into greased baking dish.  Top with remaining parmesan and cheddar cheeses and Old Bay.


Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.  Serve with crusty bread, crackers, pita or tortilla chips.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all enjoyed the Super Bowl as much as I did! :)  What are your favorite gameday recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment