Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cake Batter Blondies

On Wednesday afternoon, I realized that I would actually have some free time after work to bake something for my Thursday night LIFE Group.  Thus, I consulted my "Delectable Desserts" Pinterest board to help me decide what to make, and after perusing for several minutes, I finally settled on this recipe for "Cake Batter Blondies."  I mean, cake batter, white chocolate chips, and other yummy ingredients combined into a moist, chewy, and richly delicious dessert bar....what's not to love?  Plus, they are super easy to make and don't require much time at all!  I managed to bake them when I got home from work and still had plenty of time leftover to go for a 9 mile run while it was still light outside. :)

Alas, my LIFE Group friends ended up missing out on these delish blondies due to the severe thunderstorms that passed through the area and thus cancelled our group meeting last night.  However, this was much to my coworkers' and neighbor's delight as they were the ultimate beneficiaries of my baked goods.

Cake Batter Blondies Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1 box white or Funfetti® cake mix
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (omit if using Funfetti® cake mix)
Instructions:

Grease 8x8 baking dish/pan with Pam for Baking (or any other cooking spray with flour). Pre-heat oven to 350°F.

Mix together cake mix, oil, milk, egg substitute, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until well combined.


Add in white chocolate chips (and rainbow sprinkles, if using).

Pour batter into prepared pan and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top, but still slightly undercooked in the center.  *Do NOT overcook.*  Wait at least 20 minutes before cutting to give the bars time to set properly.


Notice the gooey cake batter center...this is why it is important not to over bake these.  The unbaked middle section makes these bars extra delicious! :)

These cake batter bars were a huge hit with my coworkers, which was evidenced by the fact that several of them hovered over my baking dish, scarfing down multiple bars in a matter of minutes! ;)

Be sure to make these for a gathering of some sort, or else be ready to pawn them off on your family/friends...you do not want to tempt yourself by keeping a whole pan of these sitting in your kitchen. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment